Research and Teaching Blog
5 Posts with tag: publications
For the coming Wednesday, please read this article on DNA nanotechnology. Please keep the following questions in mind when reading the article, as we will discuss them in class. Please bring your talking points to class on a sheet of paper - I will collect and assess them.
- What is the big picture? What is the grand problem the article is claiming to address?
- Who cares about the problem and why is it important to tackle right now?
- What is the ...
Many of you are sending me emails with typos and problems with the PDF text of Modeling and Simulation with R. All reviews are highly appreciated, and your comments will make the document stronger for future users. Please feel free to leave me notes about comments, suggestions and typos in the manuscript using the form below.
Again, your critical reviews are highly appreciated.Tags: BIOE504 posts , publications
Thank you for visiting!
Following a news release by LeAnn Ormsby based on our work, we have seen a flurry of media activity. These include a brief interviews by WICD15, the local ABC news channel, a couple radio interviews, a funny-cute news piece by NSF as well as the interview by FeedStuffs below
So, can corn be really taught how to fix nitrogen? The short answer is, yes, we believe so. The longer, more qualified answer is that there are ...Tags: publications , synthetic biology
My review article entitled, "Synthetic gene networks: The next wave in biotechnology" just got published in Trends in Biotechnology (Pubmed link).
One of the questions in synthetic biology, I think worth exploring, is how does the knowledge of evolutionary biology inform the feasibility, design and implementation of synthetic biology. The inspiration for this question was this PNAS article by Beiko et al. The suggest that some pathways seem more likely to have a history of horizontal gene transfer (HGT) than ...
- A.B.O. Soboyejo, K.D. Bhalerao, and W.O. Soboyejo, (2003), Reliability assessment of polysilicon MEMS structures under mechanical fatigue loading. Journal of Material Science, 38:4163-4167.
- J. Lou, K. Bhalerao, A.B.O. Soboyejo, and W.O. Soboyejo, (2003), An investigation of fracture initiation and resistance-curve behavior in concrete. Journal of Cement and Concrete Composites, 25(6):607-615.
- K.D. Bhalerao, W. Shen, A.B.O. Soboyejo, and W.O. Soboyejo, (2003), A probabilistic multiparameter method ...