Research and Teaching Blog
Dear group members. You should now be able to add pictures to your posts. Here are some instructions to get you started:
- Upload your images to the FileBrowser. PNG is my preferred format, although JPGs will work.
- In you Blog / Task post look for the button that looks like a tree (Insert/edit image).
- A dialog requesting the image URL will pop up. You can click on the browse icon next to it and you will be taken to the FileBrowser page. Find your file, copy the URL and paste it in the dialog box.
- Click on the appearance tab - the max width of our columns is 500. I suggest using a width of no more than 400 for any image. You can check 'Constrain proportions' to scale the image properly.
- Click on Insert. If everything goes right, you should see the image in the Edit window.
- Click on 'Save' at the bottom of the admin page...
- If you don't see the image, manually edit the HTML source. Sometimes the URL doesn't seem to get added correctly.
- You will need something like <img src="/path/to/image" alt="MyImage" height=400 width=320 border="0"/>
- Let me know if you have trouble.