Research and Teaching Blog
2 Posts in July Archive
Dear group members. You should now be able to add pictures to your posts. Here are some instructions to get you started:
- Upload your images to the FileBrowser. PNG is my preferred format, although JPGs will work.
- In you Blog / Task post look for the button that looks like a tree (Insert/edit image).
- A dialog requesting the image URL will pop up. You can click on the browse icon next to it and you will be taken to the ...
Graduate Research Assistant (2 positions available immediately)
Area of research: Environmental health and safety of nanotechnology. Project will involve
- characterizing engineered nanoparticles for size, shape, surface properties
- Maintain cell cultures of photosynthetic cyanobacteria
- Develop experimental methodologies for exposing cyanobacteria to nanoparticles
- Looking at uptake, distribution and fate of nanoparticles through the cyanobacteria
- Developing a framework for characterizing nanoparticle toxicity
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a lab planning, conducting and documenting experiments
- Familiarity with nanoparticle characterization technologies ...